View Single Post
Old 12-14-2004, 12:33 PM   #12
TheSilentChamber
Forunn Daberator

Re: Moderating Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTStang
I have only been a Mod for about 3 months so I think maybe I can give a good middle ground view between Mod and member.

I spend about 50% of my time on AF moving post were they should be, closing threads or trying to diffuse possible flaming threads, and deleting/moving spam. This stuff becomes old and annoying real quick let me tell you. I only do this for the Mustang forum which as a whole is one of the easier ones. You don't realize how much time and effort Mods spend wit this stuff until you are one.

The reason I bring that up is many people think we just spend our time cruising AF looking for people to ban which is just not the case. Also many think that we are just renegade Mods roaming the badlands of AF with our Ban guns blazing. The truth is almost 98% of the bannings except for easy clearcut one's like spamming and such are brought up and discussed in the Moderator Forum before any action is taken.

Also some Bannings are not just from what a memeber does on AF forums but also what they do in PM's/Emails/AIM etc.., Things that you as members never get privy to at all. So don't always assume you know they whole story.

Very often members who have a long standing or deemed especially helpful rightly or wrongly are given more leniency then others. Ricochet is one of these and he continued to think because of this he was above and beyong the rules of AF. If he had just taken his Temp ban and grew-up he would still be here on AF helping thoise in the Honda forums. Don't blame us blame Ricochet.

One thing also, anybody who speaks of the old days of PureHonda as good... In my opinion I'm glad is leaving AF. Since the Mods did an excllent job those years ago of cleaning house of the old enbattled PH members there has been relative peace between Domestic and Import lovers on AF. One of the few internet car forums that can claim that.

I think you have missed the point of this thread almost intirely. It not just about the banning of that member. Everyone here acknowledges
that other events took place that lead to his banning. The one quote about PureHonda shows how bias you are in any situation, it appears that you are willing to judge a whole group of individuals on the actions of a few.

TheSilentChamber is offline   Reply With Quote