View Single Post
Old 08-30-2004, 01:01 PM   #1
crzyCollegeKid
AF Regular

CarMax secrets...shhh...its [CLASSIFIED]

i called carmax to find out what maintenance the car had done to it right before i bought it. you know, see what belts they had changed (i.e. timing belt, etc), so i wouldn't have to spend extra time inspecting it all and finding out what i needed (even though i should anyways). so i call them and ask them for records. they tell me they don't keep the records of the previous owners (no shit!), i told them i wanted the records of when THEY owned the car. their simple answer: "those are classified and i can't give them to you", my response "i bought the damn car, i want to know", "i'm sorry".

shouldn't that be illegal?? you ask for records and they don't give them to you?? i sure wish i would've asked for them before i bought the car and laughed in their face when they said that.....oh well...you live and you learn.

Claudia (traded-in):
2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse GTS: Pioneer Speakers All Around, Kenwood MP3 Deck, Clarion Equalizer, Boss 4ch. 800W amp, 2 Dual 12" subs with Dual 500W amp, XM Roady2

R.I.P. Jessica
1997 Honda Prelude: AEM CAI - Exedy Full Face Organic Clutch - XACT Streetlite 12.5lb flywheel - DC Sports Short Throw Adapter
crzyCollegeKid is offline   Reply With Quote