Thread: My New Cruiser
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2011, 10:41 PM   #2
OzzyO
AF Regular

Send a message via MSN to OzzyO Send a message via Yahoo to OzzyO
Re: My New Cruiser

The FJ Cruiser, below, has a rear backup sensor that beeps if your to close to an object, it has rear differential lock and also another locking diff that must be for the front end. It has power windows steering, air conditioning, an Am, FM CD, MP3 player, plus a connecter for an Ipod or MP3 Player, it also has a cigarette lighter that maybe used for 120 watts, I have to read up on that lol and it is a 4 door 4 wheel drive with the 4x4 shifter by the gear shift. I live in Canada and didn't notice with the manual and see no markings but I'm not sure which model it is ? You may also just shift into 4 wheel drive without the diff lock, you may only use the diff lock if your running under 5 kilometers an hour, it also has a trailer towing package wiith a class 3 hitch, I didn't get the connector to attach to the trailer wiring and Toyota locally wants $140.00 for that connector so if I'm able to I'll wire it myself, if not I'll get it wired for me. I don't get to drive it as much as I would like due to my health, I have a spinal cord injury for 29 years now and am suffering with unbelievable pain, I'm able to walk with low leg braces, a knee brace and forearm crutches, but I use my wheelchair alot for a few years now where as before I hardly used it at all.
I will be selling my baby, my 1994 4Runner it has about 240,000 kilometers on it and everything works except the rear defrost, I imagine it's just a wire, it also needs slight body work as I am no longer able to look after the suv myself, that's why I bought the Cruiser, a newer suv with no problems that I know of.
I just thought I would add some information on my newer FJ Cruiser, Thank You for your time.

Last edited by OzzyO; 08-21-2011 at 07:02 PM. Reason: Update on FJ Cruiser options
OzzyO is offline   Reply With Quote