View Single Post
Old 10-22-2015, 08:11 PM   #4
imster
AF Newbie

Re: Honda NSR500 (1984)

So I'm back from my holidays and I've managed to get over my jetlag finally!! On with the build!

Not much to report yet, just lots of filling and sanding work taking place.

I've almost completed the rear swingarm, just need the Michelin decal to go on which was not supplied in the kit so I ordered it from HLJ and hopefully the parcel will arrive by late next week.

The petrol tank on this bike is located at the bottom of the frame, I decided to try my hand at making weld lines with putty, not bad for a first time but once the paint goes on it will be easier to see how good or bad the job was done, luckily alot of it will not be seen as the engine will be sitting above where all those weld lines are. If the welds look really bad I will just sand them off and leave it as it is.

I also did a quick mockup to get an idea how the body panels sit on this one. I have seen some pics of how this bike is displayed in the Honda museum in Japan and so my aim is to possibly display it like that if its not too much hassle. Either way this bike will be displayed 'naked' as the main reason I chose to build this kit is because of the odd configuration of the exhausts and petrol tank.

Anyways enjoy the pics lots more still to come!

imster is offline   Reply With Quote