View Single Post
Old 03-06-2004, 04:57 AM   #2
Nexagen
AF Regular

Ok first of all I dont think vehicles will be fully automatic since computers can mess up when you least expect it.

Second the GPS and sensors plus all of those electronic high tech gismos would cost thousands if not hundreds of thousands of dollars to engineer and actually put into a manufacturing state.

I think we would need to wait at least 2 centuries before we even think about this stuff since gas will probably begin to run out in about 50 years with the rate that the population is growing and little hydrogen power stations that would cost billions to set up all over countries, I dont think we can get tomorrow's cars to run on gas.

Also the rules sound a little to communist. I will stick to my car keys and possibly a push button on some vipers and mercedes. User ID cards to drive sound strange but it could be a good security feature in a car to keep track of any person that used your car. Also I decide where I want to park and for how long I want to park so let's toss the 1 hour rule out the window.

In my opinion, 2 centuries from now we may go through a 3rd world war and there wont be any gas left and we will have to resort to either Hydrogen or Nuclear Energy. Cars may become obsolete and we may use advanced aircraft to get around.
Nexagen is offline   Reply With Quote