View Single Post
Old 10-08-2014, 08:16 PM   #16
Cobra4B
AF Enthusiast

Re: Power Steering Options for LS1 Conversion

Coilovers are made by a company called LG Motorsports who are big Corvette racers (raced ALMS) and tuners. They're a basic but robust setup using a non-adjustable spec'd bilstien shock and 700 lb springs all around. I chose them as they have a good reputation and I'd rather focus on driving than wondering if the shocks are dialed in.... the joke is if you have 11 settings, 10 of them are wrong

Car is all over the place, but makes for a rather exciting lap. Slick track + low fuel load (needed more weight over the rear). Lots of guys off pace this weekend complaining about lack of grip vs. earlier in the year... odd for sure as new pavement isn't supposed to slow down that quickly from what I've been told.

VIDEO - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGbr...ature=youtu.be

Pretty good new shot of the car..

Another fun part of the weekend was my student having a new C7 with the Z51 performance package. I got to drive it hard and it was awesome!

Oh and good news on the Panoz steering... Ditching the Sparco 350 (330 mm wheel) for the standard Panoz wheel gave a noticeable amount of extra leverage. Enough that Dad says power steering is off the table for now.
#4 Z06 - NASA ST3/TT3
Cobra4B is offline   Reply With Quote