Thread: H22A power
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2004, 03:19 PM   #10
CivicSpoon
There is no Spoon

Re: H22A power

Yeah it must have been a while ago, because I've seen it done online before and hasport's mounts are listed for the civic, integra, and del sol. But I doubt it'd be too nose heavy with the h22 in it, it only weighs like 35 or something lbs more than the b16a does: http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=684550 It's amazing how much crap gets spread around online, hell I've read about it being 180lbs+ heavier in published books before (you'd think the companies would do more research before printing lies if they're going to try to inform people better). It's just the way the motor sits (tilted back slightly) so the unevenly balanced weight of the motor throws the cars front end balance off a little.

But this is definently not a swap for someone who has no experience. Chances are you'd end up breaking axles like crazy if you can get it to run right. Oh and my 4G's was for doing it yourself and with regular maintenance parts (T-belt, clutch, flywheel, oil and filter, etc). My buddy did the swap in his '95 civic for a little over $5G's about 2 years ago; but he bought an lightened flywheel, had to buy a new tranny when his blew a hole, and some other stuff I can't remember off the top of my head.

Honestly del soul you might be better off getting a GS-R or ITR swapped instead. Sure it won't have as much hp or tq but it'd be a hell of a lot easier to swap in. Don't let me deter you though, because when I do a swap in a year (not holding my breath on that) the H22a is on my list of possibilities.