View Single Post
Old 10-26-2007, 09:35 PM   #20
Squirrelee
AF Newbie

Re: Roadmaster Repair Info for Window Problems

Hello all - first time poster.

I also wanted to thank the board (and the ImpalaSS forums) for posting these instructions and part numbers to everyone's benefit.

I wanted to point out that, for some reason, each of my 1995 Roadmaster doors have an additional screw at the bottom holding each door panel on. This appears to be a factory installation and not some type of hatchet job. There is a small hole in the carpeted section of each map holder through which you can use a philip's head screwdriver to remove the offending screw. It took a little head scratching when a gentle pull wouldn't get that last "plastic retainer" out The suggestion for a 2-3 inch C-clamp was right on the money and made the job easy, as I was unable to use any of the plyers / clamps I had on hand to much benefit. I replaced both the front and rear slider on the driver's rear door, and the C-clamp was able to do both just fine. A little tighter job for the front slider, but it fits inside the smaller inspection hole with room to spare.

Also, for those in the middle of nowhere but have a NAPA supplier nearby, the NAPA part number for the 9666748 rollers is 6651723. My local GM dealer was still slightly (a few pennies) cheaper, but there's the info if it's needed.

Thanks again - I hope to learn more around here!
Squirrelee is offline   Reply With Quote