View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 10:00 PM   #5
MinnieRolltide
AF Newbie

Re: camshaft synchronizer replace 2004 freestar

This well described and I follow these instructions without any issues. I will add a little more advise to get to the power steering pump easily....

I removed the wiper blades....just two 15mm nuts. Then the plastic cover under it is just held on by @ 4 or 5 plastic screws under the hood and then some clips next to the windshield. You will need to unplug the tubing going to the wiper fluid jets. Next you can remove the "crawl" (that is what the automotive store guy called it) it is the metal piece between the hood and the windshield. It is held on by 8-9 each 10mm bolts. I then unplugged the wiper motor and removed this easily. This allowed me to get to the back bolts of the power steering pump, but more importantly I was able to remove the tube on the end of the synchronizer, thus no concern about it falling into the engine.

It sounds like a lot of work, but it is also useful when you need to change the back plug wires, coil, power steering pump, water pump, etc.

Again other than the above, I followed the instructions exactly with great success. Thanks
MinnieRolltide is offline   Reply With Quote