View Single Post
Old 11-04-2007, 04:26 PM   #1
tigeraid
Authorized Vendor

COMPLETE: Ferrari 60th Anniversary Contest: 246 Dino

Finally got this one, despite changing my mind on what to do with it about a dozen times. I never did find any decent rally-style decals, nor could I find any late model rally decals that'd be appropriate. At the same time though, I didn't want to have a stock Dino, I figured I'd have some fun.

So this is, I guess, my interpretation of what a mildly modified custom Dino would look like. I was inspired by a Porsche 911 Speedster I saw in the magazine Excellence, in which a guy took a 70s 911, chopped it up, smoothed it out, put modern wheels on it, that sort of thing.

The Dino's door handles, marker lights, and badges have all been shaved. The Speedline wheels with Pirelli P Zeros were supplied by Rosso. The interior is bare bones but the targa panel was removed, just to get a better view of it. Paint is Dupli-color GM Medium Marblehead, and the interior is GM Autumn Maple. And what can I say, that's about it. Not quite the insane high level detail builds that some guys are doing for the competition, but I had fun.

tigeraid is offline   Reply With Quote