View Single Post
Old 11-27-2006, 09:19 PM   #16
citroens
AF Newbie

Post Re: What's the XM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tagreath
I used to own an XM - V6 SEI.
When it was going it was a fantastic car, the ride was second to none, and it was quick too. You would be on the highway cruising along and before you knew it you were doing 100 mph. The fastest I ever took it too was 145 mph (235 kms/h) and there was still some left to go.
Unfortunately I had many problems, first the engine developed an oil leak into the coolant system, then the transmission failed, I got it back on the road and eventually sold it. i was still a little sad to see it go.
Citroen cars have the best ride with the hydro-elastic suspension and one of the coolest features on the XM was that you could switch the ride in an instant from comfy highway style suspension to harder sportier suspension that would take corners like it was on rails.
I live in Canada now and most people here have never seen a Citroen of any description.
Well thats enough reminiscing for now............
Hi ,
I live in Canada too and have 3 x Citroens, one being the 1986 CX sedan with the Douverin engine, the second one is a 1988 CX TRI Safari Auto and the third hopefully arriving soon a 1990 XM 3 Litre V6 with the self centering steering. You can have Citroens in Canada too if you wanted to.

regards
citroens is offline   Reply With Quote