View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 11:43 AM   #8
23skyline
AF Newbie

Re: Fujimi Ferrari F2003-GA

Hello again.

I finally managed to get this car painted red. I decided to spray the TS-49 out of the can, but first I sprayed all the nooks and crannies with my airbrush. It feels like I've been busy with this for years and to see it in red is a good change. I'll let it cure for a couple of days, then flat it back and give it a light clear coat before the decaling starts.

I've also managed to get the seatbelts 90% ready for installation, only the orange medical "extraction" belts and seatbelt "release" left to do.

The wing elements also received decals, clear coat is next.

I gave the Fujimi tyres another go with no luck-the rear tyres still have a pronounced dip in the middle of the wheel. I used strips of high density foam inserted into the tyre to try and force the middle up. This worked OK and then I tried the front wheel/tyre combination. there is no sag but the one tyre fits the rim OK-ish but the other fits terribly?!?!?! VERY anoying.

I don't want to waste more time on these tyres and I'm seriously considering using tyres from my F2001. The Tamiya tyres look slightly different, if anyone can tell me if the tyre "shape" changed considerably between the 2001 and 2003 seasons I'd really appreciate it.

Last edited by 23skyline; 06-14-2019 at 04:32 AM.
23skyline is offline   Reply With Quote