View Single Post
Old 12-27-2011, 10:01 AM   #4
Pat_NC
AF Newbie

Re: 94 Nissan Quest GXE

TempFixIt, JoeNoble..Thanks a bunch ...I did check the cables..cleaned teh contacts and ground connections...Starter was changed 2 years back. The battery was showing 12.45 volts ..Guess what it didnt have enought juice
I tried jump with other car (running)...Nothing happened btu i could hear click on Quest though...

Then I just removed Quest battery took it to AdvancedParts (local auto part store)..they chekd and the machine said it needs recharge (battery was labled 585 CCA and test showing 496 CCA => recharge)...
So the guy put it for recharge, told me to come after 35 minutes. I went back after 1 hour..And he found out that charging machine aborted this charging process...He again tested and now the testing machine said "Bad battery " ...bad cells... can not charge. I took it to other Auto part store (Autozone)..they said its bad battery....Finally I bought New battery and wolllaaa......My baby is running now ....

Wht I learnt ..Just don't go by bettery voltage (I tested using my multimeter)...Just take it to parts store they test for FREE anyways....I would have enjoyed long weekend but I learnt something new so no problem lol . Atleast I can help someone with it...

Guys thanks a lot for your help and time...I sure learnt many things going thru forum. I can sure tell wht part is where in my Van. Happy Holidays and Happy New Year ..Cant appreciate enough the forum support...Great job ...
Sincerely, Pat
Pat_NC is offline   Reply With Quote