View Single Post
Old 08-09-2004, 04:01 PM   #39
DiabloGT
Banned

Re: XLR worth the $70,000 Price Tag?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScientist
To Jimster: Yeah, I've agreed with you that Mercedes has gone downhill, many of the people i know who own one say they have. You were saying they rushed through building the car just to get a quantity quota filled, missing the final touches of the car, which was what i was looking to say hehe. It reminds me of the videogame Driver2, Infogrammes and Reflections we're in such a rush to get the game out, that there were way too many flaws when I played the game.
Get out often too with your off-road rides heheh, which would you say handled the best off-road?

To gonenuts: The as said by other people here, the GMC's and the Chevy SUVs were only built for road haulin' and people haulin', and tough traction driving on roads. Whatever they say in the car magazines are just opinions and perspectives on cars by the editors and the testers. Everyone thinks different; some group may think the GM SUVs handle well, some may think they handle horrible, but the majority outcome said they handled terribly. The reason they say is its heavy-ass causes too much drift, along with the extra torque in the rear wheels. As Jimster said, an example that GM SUVs don't handle well off-road is the H2. Their advertisements are bull. I've seen many H2's get fucked up trying off-road (yes I do remember that H2 that broke its front axle on a bunch of large rocks ). The Tahoes in teh military are only used to transport groups of soldiers, just for on-road transport. They don't use them for heavy off-roading like they use the Humvees for, because they know it doesn't handle well and isn't worthy of heavy off-roading. And if they are used like the Humvees, they are definitely modified. I do have more to say but I have too much information running in my head.
so what SUV's besides the H1 do you think are good?

P.s. dont bs and say some $hitty jap import suv...