View Single Post
Old 11-07-2010, 11:45 AM   #32
Reredrum
AF Newbie

Re: Corvettes in Snow Myth?

Im new here, and i didnt really read all the post to answer this but heres my two cents...

any car with proper winter tires and a patient driver can be driven in the snow it may be a 2nd gen camaro a 3rd gen firebird a 69 chevelle a 2002 SS or a C5 Z06 or even a C6 ZR1...the trick is the tires...and if your car is equipped with Traction Control and ABS thats a plus, im from toronto, ontario, we used to get nasty snow storms here...and ive driven lots of sports cars in the rain, snow and slush...the latest one i drove would be the one that relates to this topic the most...MS4 cammed LS6 with full exhaust headers to tips full intake, 2003 Z06 lowered...with C6 Z06 wheels strapped with blizzacks...you wouldnt believe how good it is in the snow...generally domestic cars due to there weight weather youre putting 430 rwhp or not are decent in the snow if you know how to tame them...i personally dont drive my summer street/strip cars in the rain or snow, but its absolutely doable... its the driver not the car.
Reredrum is offline   Reply With Quote