View Single Post
Old 12-14-2017, 10:53 AM   #10
Ol'Jim
AF Regular

Re: Strange Oil Pressure Readings - '02 HD 6.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by j cAT View Post
no way defective oil but the oil filter could be it.. wix I have issues since last year. the company is non responsive to my b*tch about the filter I use no longer fits the 93MM socket . the older filter fit.. then the oil seals leaking on these .. the rubber used is not compatible with synthetic oil . the filter is the XP $12 one .. I now have gone back to pure one purolator ..

so you all beware WIX has these now made in CHINA !!! more crap .. just like the johnson controls "red top" batteries all crap not made here anymore...
j_cAT, I just bought a Wix 51522XP Filter from the local O'Reilly store, and it is American made, not Chinese. Hopefully they are all USA manufactured now, and not just me getting lucky finding an old stock filter.
Trying to post a picture of the box...

1970 Chevelle SS454 (Gave to my son 9 years ago for his 18th birthday. Yeah, I know, crazy, right? Thank goodness he doesn't drive it the way I would, -er, did...).
1971 Monte Carlo SS454 Drag Racer. The old girl finally got new paint!
1968 Camaro SS (New race car project). Caged, Tubbed, Back-Half/Ladder Bars. Rolling Chassis (For now).

Last edited by Ol'Jim; 12-14-2017 at 11:03 AM. Reason: Add Pic URL
Ol'Jim is offline   Reply With Quote