View Single Post
Old 03-27-2003, 01:50 PM   #80
pontiactrac
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by NSX FoYoAss
PONTICTRAC, hope you understand, I'm not trying to step on your toes here, just sharing my opinions. I respect everyones opinion as long as they are respectful of others. If someone feels like the new Dodge Neon RT (? If thats what it is, I forget) Is better then a NSX because it's a better bang for your buck, well, that's a fair opinion. Opinions opinions opinion......everyones got one!!

Also, I'll post some pics of my car when I get home using a new topic....
Regards
Z

Ok, so I'm bored here at work, so I'm going to post some interesting stuff that I found while surfing the web. (www.nsxhelp.com)

Found this interesting:
What Reliability Surveys Has The NSX Appeared In?
J.D. Power & Associates 5-year Dependability Study (SM) (1996)
[ This article taken from the JD Power web site at www.jdpower.com/jdpower/releases/60319car.html ]

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: March 19, 1996

AGOURA HILLS, CALIFORNIA--The Lexus LS 400 and Acura NSX tie as the most dependable car at five years of ownership according to the 1996 J.D. Power and Associates Vehicle Dependability Study. On the light truck side, the Toyota Pickup and the Dodge Ram 50 also tie for top honors. This dependability was measured from surveys returned by more than 33,000 car and truck owners who rated their 1991 vehicles across 89 problem categories based on their last 12 months of ownership.

The following is a list, in rank order, of the top cars after five years of ownership as reported in the J.D. Power and Associates Vehicle Dependability Study:

Acura NSX
*Lexus LS 400
*Infiniti Q45
Mercedes-Benz 300 Series
Mercedes-Benz 300SL/500SL
Cadillac Eldorado
Toyota Cressida
Buick Century
Cadillac Brougham
Porsche 911

*Tied for Best Model in Vehicle Dependability

The following light truck models head each of the six segments featured in the study: Truck Segment 1991 Model-Year Vehicle

Compact Pickup Dodge Ram 50 *
Toyota Pickup *
Full-Size Pickup: Chevrolet C/K Pickup
Compact Sport Utility: Nissan Pathfinder
Full-Size Van: Chevrolet Van/Sport Van
Compact Van: Toyota Previa
Full-Size Sport Utility: Toyota Land Cruiser

(* Tied for Best Truck Model in Vehicle Dependability)

With new vehicle prices at a premium and an influx of cars coming off lease, used cars are more attractive than ever. After five years of ownership, 1991 model-year vehicles are prime candidates for this used car market.

One of the main questions that plague a new-car buyer is whether their car will hold up over the long run-which cars will still be in good condition by the time they pay off their loan? "If you're looking at vehicles that are four to five years old, the Vehicle Dependability Study is an excellent gauge to determine which vehicles will have the least problems. This study is particularly valuable because it measures the number of problems experienced by original owners," commented Bill Wallis, Senior Account Executive at J.D. Power and Associates.

Obviously the current manufacturer focus on vehicle options, and ABS in particular, is a worthy pursuit. The Vehicle
Dependability Study reveals that close to 60 percent of consumers with ABS said they want their next vehicle equipped with this system. The implication is that safety continues to be a key consumer issue. Despite concern in the industry that anti-lock brakes have more problems than traditional brakes, car owners of vehicles with ABS are more satisfied with their brakes and report fewer brake problems than those without. (Of the top ten car models, all, with the exception of the Buick Century came equipped with ABS.)

The focus of the J.D. Power and Associates Vehicle Dependability Study is the past-year problem experience of owners who bought a new personal-use vehicle during the 1991 model year and have retained it. The study looks at durability of specific items, incidence of warranty work, rating of work performed and the amount spent in the past year on non-routine repairs. In addition, the study addresses a wide variety of manufacturer and dealer issues as well as information of value to manufacturer engineers and product designers.

J.D. Power and Associates is an international market research firm specializing in measuring and analyzing consumer opinion and behavior. The firm conducts syndicated and proprietary studies in the telecommunications, automotive, airline, office products, and financial services industries. Headquartered in Agoura Hills, California, the company also has offices in Torrance, California; Detroit, Michigan; Westport, Connecticut; Toronto, Canada; London, England; and Tokyo, Japan. Additional information about J.D. Power and Associates can be accessed through the World Wide Web at http://www.jdpower.com. Media E-mail contact: john.pepitone@jdpower.com

I also think NSX parts are not expensive. I buy all my stuff throu www.asian-auto-parts.com. The guys name is Dave, is gets killer prices on Honda/Acura OEM parts. Just my 2 cents :flash:

Collision Safety
[A/H] The first hard hit NSX that I worked on was hit in the right rear by a Datsun P/U doing about 50 mph. The driver of the NSX was sitting on a city street waiting to get on the freeway onramp. He saw the P/U coming and tried to go to the left around a full size Ford P/U in front of him. The Datsun hit the NSX and pushed it under the Ford. Damage: Right side trunk was gone. Just plastic pieces of phone and CD player. Engine compartment moved about one inch. Engine cover glass: no problem. Right side door: NO PROBLEM, OPEN AND CLOSED PERFECTLY. The front bumper hit the differential of the Ford and bent the leaf spring. The Ford rear bumper hit the "A" pillar on the right side and shattered the front glass. I fixed this car and it is still on the road here at Honda. It is #70. Red Black 5 spd. 65k miles. I also found that if the NSX is put on 4 car stands and if the stands are not exactly the same height and the floor is not very flat then the NSX will rock on 3 stands. This car is very stiff !!

Hope everyone can stomach this:
http://www.nsxhelp.com/faq/ouchies.html

Enjoys....
Z
Aw man, now you make me feel like an ass, sorry, my reply wasn't against your opinion, it's just some of the stuff i said i strongly believe is true and i respect anyone elses opinions, urs too, i was just saying some things that could make the nsx not an ordinary drivers car really, but im not always right, you own one, you would know more than me, but i am jus basing on what i read/heard/believe.