View Single Post
Old 12-21-2004, 09:37 PM   #20
Kurtdg19
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Kurtdg19
Computers already have the upmost control of any new engine. Just about everything nowadays is controlled through sensors monitored by the CPU.

I also see that there will eventually have to be a replacment for the ICE (its obvious really). Fuel cells seem to be a foreshadow in whats to come.

An ICE engine as far as I'm concerned is likely nearing its potential. To think that they only manage to consume no more than 30% of the fuels usable power to create actual work, there is a lot of room for improvment. Then there were turbos. Taking part of that lost heat engery (which constitutes for approx. 35% of lost energy) and converting it into usable energy. If anything were to be a new, it have to come from some way in creating usable energy from energy absorbed through the coolant system (another 35%).

The only problem lost is the soul from the ICE. But hey, thats why our childrens children are going to be making fun of us 'old timers'. I can already foresee the most common joke...................... Hahaha, your dad is older than the INTERNET
Kurtdg19 is offline   Reply With Quote