View Single Post
Old 04-10-2012, 05:50 PM   #18
ianc911
AF Enthusiast

Re: Fujimi 1970 Le Mans #23 917K - Attwood\Herrmann

Just another post to keep up to date. I think most of the major work as far as building the various subassemblies on this car is done; what remains is the paint and decal work on the body. Here are some more pics of pieces painted but waiting for final assembly:

I did manage to get a little final paintwork done on the belly pan and fan cover, but they both look somewhat orange-peely for some reason, so I will need to sand them back to smooth and have another go. Not sure why, I thinned the paint adequately, waited for a warm dry day and shot relatively close at about 18 PSI, but the paint just did not level adequately while drying. Anyone hazard a guess as to why?

Ah well, the weather forecast is rain all week long, so I'll concentrate on finishing the last couple of small bits that need attention on the body and hopefully come the weekend I'll be ready to put some orange peel, er... paint on it.

In the interim to keep busy, I've begun work on a 1:43 MA scale models (http://www.mamodels.com/) 914-6, the 6th place Sonauto car in the 1970 Le Mans. I'd heard some tales about MA's quality, but this body has more pin holes than a dart board; what a nightmare! Should be starting a WIP on that one soon...

Ta, and thanks for looking,

ianc
ianc911 is offline   Reply With Quote