View Single Post
Old 07-23-2014, 07:33 PM   #3
ray 56 ford man
AF Newbie

Angry Re: 2005 grand caravan

Yes I did use contact cleaner and die electric grease and it did well for a time. Then all of a sudden about a year after the starting problem the transmission went into limp mode. (ONLY SECOND GEAR AND REVERSE) I serviced the transmission at 30,000 miles and again at 60,000 miles and when this happened at 90,000 miles I knew it had to be something besides the transmission. So I went right to the power distribution panel (you have to remove the battery) flipped it over and started reseating the wire plugins. And it fixed it for a couple of days. Then it did it again to me and it took several times of plugging and unplugging the wiring till it worked again. Then when it happened to the wife (free towing thank goodness) she had it transported home for me to take care of. NOT A HAPPY CAMPER. This is when I looked up a new power distribution panel online. It was $390.00 with shipping out of Texas, it was loaded up with all the relays and fuses and even a new cover. Just pull the computor off the front of the old unit. This was three months ago and all is well. I've seen a lot of posts about multiple problems of this nature and thought this might be helpful to many other individuals in need.

Last edited by ray 56 ford man; 07-23-2014 at 07:39 PM. Reason: wrong gear for limp mode
ray 56 ford man is offline   Reply With Quote