View Single Post
Old 07-31-2006, 06:38 PM   #159
tyndago
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to tyndago
Re: Nissan Skyline GT-R to Make North American Road Racing Series Debut in SPEED GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layla's Keeper
From the SCCA's scoring and timing charts, we can see that Igor's fastest lap in practice for Mid-Ohio was a full 19 seconds quicker than his qualifying time. That indicates a CATASTROPHIC failure in the car, probably engine or driveline.
It's also obviously a difficult and expensive to repair problem as Sears Point is damn near a home race for the GTR. The AF Gang was nowhere on the entry list.
I'm afraid that the AutomotiveForums.com Skyline GTR came, saw, and was conquered by the World Challenge's Vipers, Vettes, and Porsches. I do hope that Igor and the gang will be back on track, and that 'Ol Godzilla will have his day in the sun with a run in the top ten.

We aren't done yet. Just taking a little unplanned time off.

Mid-Ohio all went bad. From getting the truck stuck in the mud a couple of times, to working out our new engine combination. Getting everything to work out was a little bit of a struggle.

We were 5th fastest in the rain though. Check out the practice session results. Everyone was going pretty easy though.

The mud and muck of Mid-Ohio was terrible. It made it nearly impossible to work on the car. Not a place I ever want to go back to if they put us(World Challenge teams) out in the grass again.

We had a new turbo/engine management combintation for Infineon. We had also been working on the setup of the car and picked up a ton of time testing at Willow Springs.

We went up to Infineon two weeks before the race for testing. We had an off track experience, that put us out for a little bit.

Down, but not out.
http://www.gtrusablog.com
tyndago is offline   Reply With Quote