Thread: B16a2 or B18C
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2002, 06:54 AM   #3
jcrx
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to jcrx
I'm gonna call bullsh!t on that website,and here's why:I've seen the spoon catalog and the motors cost in excess of 5000(if someone proves this to be legit price then I will fully take that back).If they really were that cheap then more people would have them.If they really are that price,then go for it,another 1500 bucks for everything you need to make it run(sensors,alt,dist.,waterpump,both manifolds...etc...did I metion tranny I'm sorry add 700 more) and about another 1000 for all the stuff to swapped it in(mounts,linkage,axles,ecu and then realize that a you probably can't tell the difference between the spoon and a P&P sightly modded b16 or b18 for half the price.But back to your question if you think the b18 is better than get it.I have a b16a2 in a eg,very effective but then again I don't go around racing every moron that revs on me.But at the end of the day depending on where the motor came from and how abused it was there is no way to say which is going to be better once you put it in your car.The b18c starts with slightly better specs,but 10-15 hp can be made pretty easy.So how much do you want to pay to say you have a b18c vs do you want to pay less for the motor but have to makle up some ponies.Or for that price you can get a b16b once again though the power gain is significant enough to outweigh the price.To say that the b18 is better than the b16 is silly,they both have advantages and disadvantages.
jcrx is offline   Reply With Quote