View Single Post
Old 01-30-2017, 09:14 PM   #1
watkd25
AF Newbie

Hard Start Cold Weather

Hello,

I have a 2006 Police Interceptor.

I have had the car since last May and everything was fine until it started getting cold out.

Early November, I started to get a cold hard start condition. Since then, I took the car to the Ford Dealership who was unable to duplicate the problem when the car was in but recommended changing the fuel pump as it lost quite a bit of pressure conducting a leak down test.

The day after getting a fuel pump, I still had hard start and there was a fuel leak. They replaced the gasket between the pump and the tank.

I then requested that the Battery be replaced and the original spark plugs be replaced and it didn't help.

I don't have any codes which makes this hard to figure out. But I have cleaned the MAF and that helped improve how the engine starts. But I still have a cold start issue that has now become a problem with the car sitting a few hours.

Also, when reviewing my code reader in Key On Engine Off (KOEO), I see that the fuel pressure will reach about 53 PSI and the slowly start to come down. In one instance it came down to 44 PSI.

When the car starts, I get a smell of fuel from the exhaust.

Any thoughts on what this could be?

Living in Arizona, the weather was in the 70s today and I noticed a little bit of a rough idle.

Mileage 123K

Fuel Filter replaced at 120K miles.

I have driven the car for 13,000 miles and I only use Top Tier Fuel.

Thanks.
watkd25 is offline   Reply With Quote