View Single Post
Old 01-01-2012, 03:45 PM   #36
XWrench3
AF Newbie

Re: Fuel Pump Replacement

[QUOTEReplace with a 2 door pump.
Always replace with a AC Delco/Delphi fuel pump.][/quote]

is there a difference between an ac delco and delphi? ac delco used to be the oem supplier for GM, but i know of Delphi because an uncle used to work for GM, and they changed the name to Delphi. i don't know much about what the differences were. is Delphi the oem supplier now? is there an appreciable difference between the two?
also, this is a two door model, and i noticed there is a different p/n, so i have to assume there is a difference in the assembly someplace. and i have no intentions of trying to find out what. i am figuring that the price difference is because they sell a lot more 4 door versions than 2 door. this has been a lot of trouble getting the tank out, and i do not want to have to do it again. one other question that popped up is if just the pump is available separately, as opposed to the entire unit. i would think if just the pump is available, it would be substantially less expensive. $500.00 used to buy a half way decent driver car, now it will hardly buy a pump. i am pretty sure someone is making a lot of money from parts that are no where near this expensive to build.
XWrench3 is offline   Reply With Quote