View Single Post
Old 01-24-2005, 03:16 PM   #20
blazes9395
Newbie mod

ABS or not

Disconnecting it is a bad idea. ABS in itself is a very good safety feature. BUT, to be fair, the ABS system from the early to mid ninties, on GM cars and trucks(including these trucks) was not the best design. The system especially used on these trucks was mediocore at best. Do you remember the safety recall issued on replacing/recalibrating ABS functions on many mid '90s trucks? Do a search on the NHSTA website, recall numbers 99I006000 and 99V193000 I personally think ABS is good, just a bad system on these trucks. No person can pulse the brakes as fast as the ABS system, but a good driver can have good results with a non ABS vehicle. But I guess everyone on here considers themselves a 'good' driver. To each their own. The best system developed that relates to ABS is Electronic Stability Control (ESC), this system, along with ABS, really does work in crash avoidance, but our trucks never had such an option avaliable. All in all, keep the sysem connected, and make sure it works, its apart of the design of the vehicle.
blazes9395 is offline   Reply With Quote