View Single Post
Old 02-11-2010, 12:25 AM   #10
possumrat
AF Newbie

Re: Are Kias any good?

I bought a 2010 Kia Soul base model 2 months ago. So far I love it. I went from a 2005 Mercedes Benz C240. It had more problems and needed more maintenance then any car Ive owned so far. I loved it but there comes a time where it is fiscally irresponsible to hold on to a car.

Being a college student, the Kia is the first car I have truthfully owned, in my name, etc. I didnt go in expecting the most reliable, best car on the road. But I went in knowing I could get the car I wanted for the price I wanted, and it would be mine.

I have had a Honda CRV, Volvo (old one), Saturn SC2 (still miss it), Infiniti I-30 (late 90s model i believe), and Toyota Corolla SRX (good car til i blew the tranny). Granted, I have enjoyed most of my cars, but for sheer fun, this car is my top.

Its a fun peppy little car that doesnt cost much. Sure, corners are cut considering you are getting a cheap car. But if you look at it, the options that come standard are numerous. (the thing has a rhino-lined underbody, on a base model!). Love it and so far havent looked back. And the warranty is very good, not to mention the services you get that the dealership pays for (every other oil change, new set of tires when needed, etc). Dont hesitate to go test drive a kia, just know that resale will not be great, and road noise tends to be fairly high. Otherwise, A+ for overall experience thusfar
possumrat is offline   Reply With Quote