View Single Post
Old 01-01-2006, 06:00 AM   #21
bkvj
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to bkvj
Re: Why get a Ferrari?

i think you should have named the topic 'why not buy a ferrari'. personally, i would rather have one ferrari than 5 supra's.

Quote:
two answers. first. if you were in the market to buy one of these cars and use it as a regular daily car then everything else doesn't matter. by that i mean, then you probably already have a £2 million pound house, a £750,000 holiday home in Cascai and membership to a £15,000 a year gym membership. it's all relative. saying what you'd buy if you SUDDENLY had a big pile of cash is not quite valid cos you are still seeing with the eyes of someone who can't, at this moment, afford it. my house is valued at about £120,000, my family house is about £200,000. my car cost me £12,000. i.e my car is 10% of the cost of my house. take the ferrari 360 as posed in the thread. it costs around £100,000. if the guy in question has a £2million house, that ferrari, only cost him 5% of his home. it's all relative. you balk at the thought of a £120 oil change but that's pittance to the guy who CAN afford it. second. best explained by examples. factory machine printed 'poster' or original painting? 'off the shelf' suit or a tailor made, bespoke suit? prize-machine digital watch or hand crafted george daniels?
very well said, drunken monkey.