View Single Post
Old 12-24-2014, 01:17 PM   #22
Schurkey
AF Enthusiast

Re: Pics: AF's GT-R, 1971 RHD GT-R, & 2015 GT-R

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy@af View Post
While you might feel it's unrelated, it is not. This is a forum for everything automotive.
And yet AF has subdivided the forum into various vehicle-specific sub-categories, so that a person like me, who wants Trailblazer information, doesn't have to wade through a thousand Ford-related, Chrysler-related, Rolls-Royce related, Lotus-related, etc. posts to find the ones I actually care about.
Quote:
AF's GT-R is very relevant to AF. Global posts are for AF related activity. If you expect everything to be about the TrailBlazer, you might have a misunderstanding as to what AF as a whole is about.
Where is the logic in first dividing up the web site so that folks can quickly and efficiently find their interests...and then inflicting non-related threads into each of those sub-divisions?

Quote:
That would be like saying I can't post here because I'm assigned to the Honda section therefore I must be contained to just that section. I am an automotive enthusiast. I am all over AF
Not at all. You roam AF because you have interests all over AF.

I stick to a few sub-divisions because my interests are more limited. We both go where we want, to get content that appeals to us.

So what's the point in creating make-and-model specific sub-forums, and then deliberately polluting those make-and-model specific sub-forums with unrelated content?

Global posts detract from a nicely-focused, interest-specific, well-divided web site.
For the good of the Free World, DEMAND COMPENSATION FROM CHINA for their release of the Virus Originating in the Wuhan Laboratory, released (intentionally or negligently) into the world in 2019 (VOWL-19). Ten trillion to start with, increasing as needed from there, PLUS compensation for the sickened, and "wrongful death" settlements for the families of those who didn't survive. END trade with Communist China.
Schurkey is offline   Reply With Quote