View Single Post
Old 07-22-2004, 09:06 AM   #58
3000ways
AF Enthusiast

Re: Nsx R vs Viper Srt 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layla's Keeper
Umm, officially the Gentlemen's Agreement was breached with the most recent Japanese market generation of Infiniti Q45 which makes an advertised 330hp as I recall.
Like I said before, it has been breached plenty of times, but openly admited to it in Japan, I doubt that. Advertised 330HP in US or Europe, but not in Japan. The Supra Twin Turbo, 300ZX Twin Turbo, 3000GT VR4, NSX, and many other examples all lay down over 280HP, yet in Japan, they are rated at 280HP. Also I stated this rule has been passed plenty of times, but not by too much, why, well if you create a car that has 450HP and try to claim it only has 280HP, I don't think that would fool many people. Name a Japanese car that has over 350HP? With the introduction of the 400HP+ R35 Skyline Nissan knows there is no way that they can fool anybody into believing this car only has 280HP or maybe Nissan doesn't care anymore about the 280HP rule, so yes the car will supposidly be rated at it's true HP everywhere including Japan. What's the big deal, the big deal is that I hope that this could perhaps cause a HP war in Japan and put an end the 280HP rule, finally more powerful Japanese imports and perhaps maybe one day we will be comparing a 500HP NSX to European and American supercars.