View Single Post
Old 08-04-2004, 06:39 PM   #36
WCWhitey
AF Newbie

Re: camoro or firebird

Cuda and all others, expecially the girl who does not like BOP350's (giggle!) go get a Camaro. Save the Firebird for someone who knows what they are doing and can appreciate what they have. These message boards are like CB's in the 70's, everyone gets to be smart and georgous over the air until you see them in person and realize they are 500 lbs with missing teeth. Alot of people find it easy to be expert at something and can give advice without ever having to see or talk to the person again.
I won't attempt to defend Mr. Pbody here because quite frankly he does not need it. All the information he has posted has been on the money 100% correct. The Super Turbine 300 is a two speed tranny similar only the Powerglide in the fact that is a two speed. Different case, converter, clutch packs, etc. And yes a ST300 is whats in the 68 Temptest if it came with a V8. Powerglide has become a generic term like "Coke", I have been guilty myself of calling any two speed a powerglide.
A word of advice, Check and Verify, take all information with a grain of salt, research it and verify it's correctness. Oh yea, and learn to recognize a true expert in his field not a computer geek or armchair mechanic.
WCWhitey is offline   Reply With Quote