View Single Post
Old 04-05-2006, 08:43 PM   #5
highlandlake
AF Regular

Re: Looking for 1973 chevelle ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassman38
Does anyone have anything close?
Another option for you is to do some investigating using the vast resources that certain indivuals have access too. Your car might still be on the road and registered. Find someone who has access to the motor vehicle registration database for Georgia, South Carolina. North Carolina, Alabama. Start with Georgia of course. A search that private detectives use will pop up all '73 Chevelles registered in the state. Then sort by color. You might find that a car is only 50 miles away. Just need to be willing to pay someone to help you look. Then take a drive, and knock on doors. "Hey, I noticed that Chevelle in your driveway is just like one I used to own - and I'm looking for one for my son - were you thinking of selling it anytime soon?"
Another option is to go to your biggest local car show and ask guys that have '73 to '75 Chevy cars. Chances are they know of or have heard about someone with a car just like one you want. They can't help it - they notice even the ones up on blocks in peoples back yards. No matter where they go, they always make a mental note of where their next project car might be located. Why am I spending so much time writing all this you may ask....My father had a '73 Pontiac LeMans 350..............but it was rusted beyond salvage when it was hauled away in 1980. You're lucky enough to live where the rust doesn't do such horrible things and the chance is there to find it or one close enough. Again, good luck.
GMC S-15 4WD
'57 Chevy 210 post sedan
'51 Ford F2 pickup
Recently gone but not forgotten - 68 Chevelle, '97 Rodeo V6 4WD.
highlandlake is offline   Reply With Quote