View Single Post
Old 02-03-2016, 12:14 PM   #1
MilGoe10
AF Newbie

Exclamation 2006 Chevrolet Impala issue

A few days ago I was driving my car and all of the sudden it started shaking then just died. I tried to start it but when I put the key in and turned it over all it would do was make a clicking noise once and that's it. It doesn't even try and turn over. The lights and radio come on it just won t start even with a jump. I had a shop look at it and they said the engine is shot but all they did was take a wrench to the motor, try and turn it both ways and when it wouldn't turn they came to the conclusion that the motor was shot. They didn't do any further testing to see if it was an issue causing the motor not to turn. It is a 2006 Chevrolet Impala LS with a 3.5 it is not flex fuel. One mechanic said that it may be an a/c pump locked up and to remove the serpentine belt and if it starts than the problem is the a/c pump and another said that it may be the timing chain. Any other suggestions you may have? I am going to get a second opinion before making a decision if I want to replace motor or junk it but wanted to know if anyone else had a similar problem with an Impala and what the cause was. TIA!
MilGoe10 is offline   Reply With Quote