View Single Post
Old 12-08-2015, 09:23 AM   #21
imster
AF Newbie

Re: Honda NSR500 (1984)

Apologies for the lack of updates, I have some family over visiting from the UK so my building time has been somewhat limited.

I managed to complete the exhaust, I am very pleased with how they came out! Overall it was about an hour of painting with various subtle shades to recreate the different metal tints on the 1:1 version, I was erring towards being subtle with it as I didnt want it to look patchy. I decided to also make the side facing out on both exhausts more copper/bronze and the interior darker and with light shades of red, yellow and violet. Before painting I added weld lines near where the exhaust will eventually attach itself to the frame. I also had to add some more plastic to the end where the exhaust silencers meet because when I mocked it all up there were gaps there. Exhaust springs were added after the paint work was done, I chose to do it this way rather than painting after putting them on because I wanted to have them stand out to a certain extent, I also added some tinting to it to take the edge off the silver.

Inner side of the exhaust (the paint on the right hand side one looks chipped, it was actually me testing something and that part will not be seen as it sits at the bottom facing the engine):

Outer side of the exhaust:

Heres a quick photo to show the reference as it may look like I havent really captured how an exhaust should look like and to be honest I have rarely seen a motorcycle exhaust in these colour tones

I'll try to stick up a few pics of how the exhausts look once I have the cans installed and on the frame too as the cans are 90% complete

Thanks for looking!

Last edited by imster; 12-08-2015 at 11:11 AM.
imster is offline   Reply With Quote