View Single Post
Old 10-29-2003, 02:43 PM   #1
00banditv8
AF Newbie

My 2000 Gt Smoked An Integra

First off i want to say that i'm new to this site and i've noticed alot of people on here really hyping up their cars. Honestly i don't race my 2000 Mustang GT Convertible that much, but i would like to share a incident i recently had against a gray Acura Integra. I really couldn't tell that much about the car, except it had the "famous rice burner muffler " and it was lowered with rims and clear taillight's. In the car with me was my wife and her 25 year old nephew and in the Integra was the driver of course and one passenger. This all started when we pulled up at a red light on a nice saturday evening in Lynwood, Washington going up highway 99 to Everett, Washington. Beside me in the left lane was a white Minivan and right behind it in the left lane was a grey Acura Integra reving up. I looked over and told my wife those guys want to burn some gas back there. Well i took off normal. I shifted from first into second. Just and the minivan moved over into the turning lane on the left side. The Acura floored it. As soon as he got up beside me, i punched mine as well in second gear. It took just a little bit for the mustang to explode up past 5,000 rpm my shifting point. Then i shoved it into third. By 5,000 rpm in third i had at least a 3 to 4 car length lead on him. On to fourth gear and this kid was so far back that i didn't even believe that he was still racing me. Once we came back up to another light i rolled down the window on my wife's side and asked him if he wanted to try it again, this time from a dead start and he said to me in a very respectable way. NO WAY BUDDIE. YOU HAVE A NICE CAR, NICE CAR WAY TO FAST FOR ME...LOL. We all looked at each other and started laughing. He then made a right turn onto another street and we continued on to our designation. COSTCO. I hope that i'm not degrading anyone on here or their car. But coming from a family of hotrodder's (Road Runner's, Super Bee's, Mustang's Trans AM's and Camaro's) and being brought up driving and racing those car's every weekend i honestly can't see an Integra with just a few mod's even coming close to beating a Mustang GT of any year especially the new 4.6 with 260 horsepower and 302 lb/ft of torque, even the top of the line stock Integra's don't even stand a chance. Bottom line Torque wins the quarter and horsepower wins on top if your car is geared for top end runs. I've readed that some Stock Mustang GT's with good driver turn in sub 14 second quarter mile times with 0-60 coming in as little as 5.5 seconds per Motortrend and Mustang and Fast Fords (Motortrend 0-60 time 5.5/ Mustang and Fast Ford's 13.9 Quarter) and there's no Integra's out there that can even come close to a sub or even 14.5 quarter mile time stock or with those little mod's. Best i've ever heard of was 14.9 back in mid 90's by a man from Car and Driver staff. Even the 1983-1984 5.0's with 175 horsepower are faster. I'm not gonna say fords rule or anything stupid like that. But honestly i just don't see and intergra with just a few mods such as head lights, muffler's and cold air intake even coming close. These mustang owners who are letting these weak integra's beat them or if it's just in fact a lie being told on here by the youngsters dreaming that they can actually turn something like that into a 10 second car should come of that crack there smoking and really start praying to the car god's because it ain't happeing like in the movie the fast and furious and fellas like my mom used to tell me "DON'T BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU SEE ON T.V." Because it's just not happening and you SIMPLY can't make up 100 Horsepower by adding a muffler and a cold air intake. If that's the case i would have done it to my wife's Hyundai a long time ago. BETTER GO AND GETTING A JACKSON RACING TURBO AND I MEAN THE LARGEST ONE THEY HAVE AND THEN COME UP AND PLAY WITH THE BIG BOY'S BECAUSE THOSE LITTLE WEAK TORQUED ENGINES JUST DON'T STAND A CHANCE.

HOLLA,

2000 MUSTANG GT CONVERTIBLE
5-SPEED
4.6 LITER SOHC
260 HORSEPOWER @5,250
302 lb/ft TORQUE @ 4,000