View Single Post
Old 08-20-2016, 09:35 AM   #69
Rocker100
AF Newbie

01 Ford Escape V6 3.0

Hey guys, I stumbled across this forum after i did a google search for the same problem. My wifes escape has 256k on it and it still runs great, however the oil light flickering at this mileage has worried me a little. This started around a year ago, so i keep the oil and filter fresh always using motorcraft oil and filters. I notice that for the first 1000ish miles after an oil change there is no light issues. After that we get a little flicker usually only at idle in drive with brake applied. Under a load. Sometimes it'll come on in park not often tho. A few changes ago i substituted a quart of good ole' motorcraft 5w20 for a quart of lucas oil stabilizer. This seemed to help stop the flashing filament for around 2000 miles after an oil change. I have not hooked up a gauge, or R2ed my oil psi switch. I've talked to several ASE techs and the common thing i hear is bearing clearances are widening which makes sense for my vehicle and the mileage on it. I am hesitant to add anything other than lucas to the oil, I'd hate to cause damage to the engine by adding a solvent that was supposed to clean but ended up breaking off a chunk of sludge or grime and clogging a port or the pump. Anyway like I said we've been driving this way for about a year and the oil always looks ok coming out, a little black but no alarming metallic objects or flakes, that may be just a good oe filter though. Good luck everybody. Hope I helped somebody here. Any new things i try, I'll post here for better or for worse.
Rocker100 is offline   Reply With Quote