View Single Post
Old 12-21-2005, 02:43 PM   #1
penny123
AF Newbie

How can I disable auto thief?????

I have a 96 achieva and have had problems since I bought it used. At first when I turned the key and the dash lights did not come on it would start and then immedially shut-off. I had the starter replaced and things were OK for a while and now when I turn on the switch and the dash lights come on, if the security light is flashing or flickering(don't know why it flickers) the car will start but will shut off in about 30 secs. I was told by a machanic at the dealership to leave the switch in the on position until the light stopped flashing to re-set the security system. This works sometimes, but if I wait until the light is on but not flashing the car will start and stay on. I saw on the web that a recall about leaving the switch on could cause it to fry the switch. I have driven it with the security light flashing after I was on the road and the engine didn't shut-off. Also the daytime lights don't work and the high-beam light flash sometimes too. Love the car otherwise. If you have the answer please let me know. Penny123
penny123 is offline   Reply With Quote