View Single Post
Old 11-12-2004, 12:09 AM   #8
threedd97
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to threedd97 Send a message via AIM to threedd97
Re: Re: Which of these subs would you get?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr20de4evr
it's no prob

I did come off kinda harsh, when you're on a forum for however many years and all the threads from new members are "I just got the fast and furious lightning audio package at best buy, am I cool now?", you tend to lose your tact. Either way, Audiobahn does have a reputation for being a high quality company, and honestly I don't know how. Maybe it's because of all the flash, or because they have some expensive products....honestly I have no idea. The subs can't hold their rated power (except for the Alum line, or so I've heard), they sound bad, but you can find the lower models for pretty cheap on ebay and they're decent if you just want to get loud and don't care how it sounds. The amps are better, but still better amps can be had for the cost. All in all they're middle-of-the-road at best when it comes to SPL, and as far as SQ goes they're very low on the scale.

$1500-$2000 into just the sub setup can get you very very far. Are you planning on getting a front stage to compliment the subs? What kind of music do you listen to? What kind of car will this be going into, or more specifically, how much space do you have to work with? Any objections to buying online?
We'll go with $2000. This will include the amplifier and the subwoofers. I would rather purchase online. The cost is less and the selection is larger. Front stage I assume you mean door speakers and tweaters up front. The car I drive is in my signature. Trunk space is huge. I have a stock 8 speaker setup that I will not be changing. I'm just looking to replace what was stolen (with something a hell of a lot better). I'm looking for subwoofers that will hit low and high bass extremely well. I want a clean sound as well, even if that means detracting from how low it will hit.

As far as 2 12"s in comparison to 1 15", is the sound difference really that large? Is it just a misconception that I have that two smaller speakers can produce more sound than one larger speaker? Will the 15" reach lower sounds than 2 12"s?

Music I listen to
Techno (drum & bass and jungle mostly)
Hip-Hop / Rap (just to utilize my investment to it's fullest)
Rock / Alternative
Blues (SRV, Kenny Wayne Sheppherd, Clapton, Alman Bros., etc.)
Country
'98 Grand Prix GT 4Dr
'06 XXX 12"
Possibly a Cadence ZRS-10
Pioneer DEH-5500MP
threedd97 is offline   Reply With Quote