View Single Post
Old 01-08-2006, 02:51 PM   #7
Den.
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Chucke150

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprint11s
I'm currently having the same problem with my 1988 F-150 4x4, it has 2 new tanks, new rear sending unit and pump(2 yrs. ago). The front tank has a new pump and selector switch(2 weeks ago) and will only take fuel from the rear tank with switch set on front tank but will read the fuel level in the front tank! Any suggestions?
Hmm. I don't know anout sprint11s's problem but I DO know that the selector switch is a common problem. Usually it is caused by the switch basically jammimg in the middle of the two settings. This is probably why it is the first thing thought of when the problem is looked at.

I recently had a friend stranded here from Florida because of this in his motorhome. Needless to say he went through HELL before it was diagnosed and fixed. Unfortunately he also had some serious wiring issues in which the previous owner had tried to patch up the problem with shortcuts.

Shortcuts which cost this friend over $3000CDN (including towing each time it broke down again!) before it was resolved. Turned out to be a loose wire....
(Want safer drivers? Ban cellphones, GPS/NAV, traction/stability Control, backup cams/beepers/parking sensors and radar cruise. That'd be a good start! If you're that bad a driver-WALK!! PLEASE WALK!!)
Den. is offline   Reply With Quote