View Single Post
Old 01-03-2007, 02:56 AM   #23
accord_rokr
AF Newbie

Re: Fuse blows in 2000 neon

ok man, I believe I have a solution to your problem...
my wife has a 2005 Neon SXT and her mother wrecked it, in doing so she had to get the whole computer control reinstalled and all that junk. Go out to your neon, look under the car itself, on the driver side in the front. Look there you will see what is called a heatsink, and behind it will be all sorts of wires connected in the back. If you have run over a curb or whatever in the last few trips, you pushed this device against your oil pan, causing it to ground out and shoot any and every fuse that is associated with the posi. and negi. components that are touching the pan. This device is secured by two screws on both sides at the upper part. Take your hand, grab ahold of the device on the bottom, and pull it towards the front of your car in an upwards angle as it allows. Replace it to its original resting place, and when you have done that, secure those screws again tightly. To finish up, take some electrical tape and seal off any wire connectors that have any sign of a naked appearance. If you do not do this, water could also shoot the fuses in the future, and may possibly short your system out. Do not quote me as this is what it will be on your car, I just know that this is the way it is on the 2005. But I am sure, that it is like this. Hope this helps! Let me know!
Good luck!
accord_rokr is offline   Reply With Quote