View Single Post
Old 06-18-2004, 11:54 AM   #19
tommychau
AF Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to tommychau
Re: 1998 Durango How to Improve Fuel economy

I'll wait until you get the results of your atomizer thing. As far as the spacer goes. From what other users have responded to it. The spacer does not have any affect on the 5.9 engines. At least from 3 users that had used it on a 5.9. However on the 4.7/5.2, there was a small improvement. My guess is the different intake manifold design.

I started a thread in the www.dodgeforum.com about what to get to get a little more power and possible gas mileage from a 5.9 Durango and so far, I got some good responses. I am sold on the fastman throttle body upgrade. Some users said upgrading the intake manifold will breathe more power for the 5.9 as well as small gas mileage improvement. Once these 2 upgrades are in place and I see a small improvement in gas mileage, I'll opt for the cold air package to maximize the 5.9's breathing. Have any of you checked out Mopar's performance stuff for their Magnum engines? Thinking of going all out on Mopar to keep the factory appearance under the hood. Mopar makes a cold air package similar to K&N but has the Mopar badges on it. They also have headers, and especially the Mopar M1 intake manifold upgrade that caught my eye after alot of Dakota R/T owners gave it some very good reviews. If any of you dodge owners aren't aware of that new forum, check it out.

www.dodgeforum.com - Strictly for chrylser/dodge addicts.
tommychau is offline   Reply With Quote