View Single Post
Old 06-18-2004, 11:45 AM   #18
rod2envy
AF Newbie

Re: 1998 Durango How to Improve Fuel economy

Well, for you guys that just joined the topic I suggest you read from the beginning, I recommend the Fuel Atomizer 2000, even though I havent try it yet because Im waiting on a shreadder valve kit (this is needed when you dont have a fuel return line which is all of us) as soon as it gets here I ll through it on and see the increase it should be some where between -6 MPG increase.

I was also doing some research on it and this fuel atomizer sucks the oil sludge out of the engine and puts it on a little jar outside the engine so that you can change it on every oil change,,, yup two birds with one stone.... you know durangos are infamous for the bad engine compresion and dyieng while running due to excesive sludge on the oil pan so this products if it works like it should it will save Gas and the engine itself... anyways just keeping you posted, the valve should be in by the end of this month and then to me a week later so as soon as I get my hands on it I'll let you know how it went...

A comment on the cold air intake, I have a K&N filter/ Intake and trust me it does makes a difference compared to the box with just a replacement filter, when you installed the cold air filter/ intake it does not have any kind if restrictions whatsoever and part of the install process is to remove a piece of like cloth that seats behind the front grill, this lets the air from the road come straight into the filter giving you that extra cold air power, I know my Intake in combination with a throttel body spacer gave me an extra 3MPG on the city and 2 extra on the Highway, I got a 5.2L SLT thats like 15MPG city 17MPG High Way,,, talk about some money in your pocket... anyways I'll let you marinate on that...

good luck on your saving gas race...
rod2envy is offline   Reply With Quote