View Single Post
Old 01-24-2005, 10:15 PM   #1
camaroincal
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via Yahoo to camaroincal
2005 Maserati Quattroporte sighted

Yup, as my dad and I pulled into the In-N-Out parking lot here in the bay area of CA., I looked over at the car we were parking next to and thought, "I've never seen one of these!!" So of course as I was getting out of the car I looked it over...the car was filthy!!!, but it also had Utah tags, so I'm guessing the driver was on a road trip.

We proceeded toward the door of In-N-Out and I noticed the guy coming toward the Mazerati. I said "Nice car, what make of Mazerati is it?" I didn't see any badging on it, which was why I asked. And he blurted out something that just baffled me, I really did not have a clue what he just said...LOL all I knew was something that sounded like "Quatro..something." So of course I was like "wow...nice, etc."

I then asked him what kind of engine it had and he said something like "a 420 hp V8", as I now know he exagerrated a bit! My dad asked him how many were built, and he mentioned only about 80 had been imported to the US!! Awesome car, here's a link with a pic and some specs.

http://autos.yahoo.com/newcars/maser...HNz3w8IF?p=all
camaroincal is offline   Reply With Quote