View Single Post
Old 07-15-2004, 06:32 AM   #20
e2helper
AF Regular

Re: no lights in dash panel

But you don't want to drive around with your rear lamp disconnected because then the turn signal, back-up and remaining stop lamp on that side doesn't work. I could send you something (a small wiring jumper) next week that would give the same effect as backing out just the brown wire (although I am starting to doubt this lamp is causing this problem now based on last post). If interested PrivateMessage me with an address to send a jumper to.
Reason is:
If you really had the wiring harness unplugged from this lamp and the fuse still blew anyways then the problem is elsewhere and at this point we might just have to give up finding problem . My next suggestion would have been more invasive (disconnect battery, remove underhood electrical center and individually measure each park lamp circuit at underhood electrical center connectors from it looking for something that has too low of a resistance to ground). This would be more difficult than removing rear lamp assembly (which is supposed to be something a customer can do to replace bulbs) and require use of a tool like a digital ohmmeter.
e2helper is offline   Reply With Quote