View Single Post
Old 01-14-2004, 10:59 AM   #6
msellers
AF Newbie

tcs off Millenia S

I have the same problem as everyone else on the board with the tcs light and the jerking of the car. The first thing I did was to change the o2 sensor on the exhaust pipe(one of 3 on the car) with no change. The next thing I did was to change my fuel from 91 to 89 octane. This dropped the frequency of the problem dramatically but did not completely eliminate the problem. Now I'm looking into the vacuum system. This appears to be the problem since the tcs light never comes on while I'm driving on the highway but occurs when I'm doing stop and go driving. It makes me think I have a leak in the passive vacuum system. Small enough to not effect day to day operations but enough to give the ecu unit headaches and to activate the tcs off light and whatever goes on under the hood after that. As with all of you, by turning the ignition on and off you reset the tcs off light. The second time it occurs the check engine light goes on as well. After that the system will reset completely after 10 of so starts and the process begins again. Anyone nail this problem yet? It appears to be endemic of the Millenia S. Any help would be appreciated. By the way, my sister owned this car for 7 years and never had this problem. It started after I bought it from her and started using 91 octane instead of the 89 she always used.
msellers is offline   Reply With Quote