View Single Post
Old 09-29-2023, 11:29 PM   #1
rub432
AF Newbie

Defender 110 build

I just bought a defender 110. 1992. Now I'm scared to even start it up.
I fear that if i bully the car a little it will soon reveal it's flaws and I will have to give up on the beauty. I bought it with practicality in mind. I will be driving it for around 500 kms every weekend after a few months. So for me fuel efficiency is key. I would also prefer to make the car less agricultural, if possible. But reducing the vibrations is not a primary concern. And I'm not talking about the death wobble. Mine doesn't have it.
My engine works fine but it has an accident history. And I have some budget to throw at it. So if it needs I'm even willing to swap the engine. Where I'm from 2jz is a widely available option. Just anything I can do to make the car into my dream one. I might be daydreaming which I understand. But I absolutely love the car.
I can work on cars. I have before. I just need some proper directions. I'm not asking for how to build a car or anything like that. I'm asking what are the options that I have, which replacements or mods are gonna make it better or what i can do to the engine and stuffs like that. I don't necessarily have a timeframe for the build. I can take more than a few years to finish the build. And also I'm open to almost any suggestions. If anyone is willing to say that choosing the defender was a bad choice, i understand. I will just drive it around for a few months and sell it later.
Cheers and thank you kindly for your advice
rub432 is offline   Reply With Quote