View Single Post
Old 10-28-2021, 07:08 AM   #4
Ghostrider 67
AF Newbie

Re: Are 'Social Networks' Reducing Demand for Sites Like Automotive Forums?

The rise of social networking has killed more than a few avenue's of social interaction. Automotive forums are a good example. Before you could ask, and get an answer, daily about most anything. Have an actual back and forth conversation. Now the same sites are virtual ghost towns.
I belong to six automotive forums. Of the six only one is active daily. It's a model specific forum for B Body MOPAR cars. It's very active daily. If I don't visit for a few days I have dozens of posts and replies to work through to catch up. The other five I have zero replies, ever. Or, a few when I first began posting and then they trickle off to zero.
This forum, for example, is one where I have had zero replies so far, although hundreds of people have looked at my thread. It's fine, i'm not complaining, far from it, I understand that my work and my era car are not everyone's cup of tea. It's more that there isn't even any interest in talking to each other in general that I find weird. Just because we may be from different countries or generations, and our interests don't coincide doesn't mean there's nothing to be learned, or gained , by speaking to each other. My 2 cents. Ghost
Ghostrider 67 is offline   Reply With Quote