View Single Post
Old 08-07-2013, 04:42 PM   #9
chevymoz
AF Newbie

Re: Need help with ignition coil wires (4.3L V6)

hello everybody, I am from tahiti and will need help to run my '91 chevy s10 4.3L V6 4WD. I was driving when suddenly the car did strange noise like if there wasn't gas anymore, the engine stop and I park near the road. I put some gasoline in the tank but nothing . My car cranks but don't start anymore, I have check many things on the engine, when i troubleshooted the ecm, any flashing "check engine" codes comes except "12"(diagnostic). I have change distributor shaft, ICM, cap&rotor, spark plugs wires, spark plugs, ignition coil (2 times for each piece), I have set my ignition timing (many times) correctly( i think).
I have gas from the injectors when cranking but I don't have spark from the ignition coil , so here is my problem, even not any spark from the coil. I have 12V with ignition on (pink wire), and I got the signal from the icm( white wire) when cranking.NO SPARK FROM THE IGNITION COIL. I have checked all the wires from the coil and the ICM to the computer and there are good So I have do my best, I'm over. Does somebody here could help me resolving this no start problem. I think now with all the things I have done that the calculator(ECM/PCM) is bad but I need a confirmation before purchasing another one. All advises or question are welcome. Thank you everybody and sorry for my english, I'm a tahitian guy
chevymoz is offline   Reply With Quote