View Single Post
Old 12-14-2009, 05:19 PM   #57
derbidge
AF Newbie

Thumbs up Re: no bus and breaking down in '99 Durango

Mine was easy to fix. It was the connections to the PCM. I had a friend with a Jeep that had the same problem. Here is what I did to fix it with just a few bucks and a 20 minutes of my time, 15 of them are waiting.

1. Disconnect the battery and wait 15 minutes. Dealer Recommends this to make sure all capacitance is discharged.
2. Pull the three wire bundle connection to the PCM off, you may even notice one was not fully seated, as I did.
3. Spray out connectors on cables and on PCM with QD Electric Cleaner. You may notice that there is dirt, corrosion, etc in there. Do you best to get it all out, but do not overspray. It is better to spray a little at a time and let it air dry before spraying again.
4. Reconnect everything, including your battery.

Thats it! It fixed my problem and my friends Jeep Problem. His was caused by red dust he gets in Moab Utah while 4WD. He finally had to wrap his with tape to keep the dust out.

Mine was caused by some dirt that got in a connection that was not fully seated. It was probably pulled and not reseated by the Jiffy Lube guys trying to replace the Air Filter sitting next to these connections.

Symptoms: Random Dash Board meters going out. Check Engine Light. Battery not always getting charged. All Dash meters going out. "NO BUS" words showing on the dash board. Intermittent fixing itself and then bad again.
derbidge is offline   Reply With Quote