View Single Post
Old 04-22-2009, 05:21 AM   #3
DSHornet
AF Newbie

Re: Why are Americans OK with Hyundai and Kia?

What's your problem?? I might make a mistake by answering you, but here's my reply.

The Hyundai logo: How much can a letter, such as an H, be stylized before it's hard to recognize? I can easily tell the difference between a Honda "H" and a Hyundai "H". So can you. So can everybody else.

Popularity of Kias and Hyundais: One word. VALUE. My wife bought an '07 Tuscon Limited, loaded with accessories, for about $7000 less than a comparable CR-V or RAV4, with a warranty that is better than either. It's lunacy to waste money simply for the sake of brand loyalty.

Styling: Many cars look similar because there isn't much room to look different when fuel consumption standards dictate the overall shape of a vehicle. They all look like a baked potato because they have to, for the shape of a low drag coefficient. By the way, you will easily tell the difference between my '01 Santa Fe and everything else on the road because it does look different.

Everybody is entitled to an opinion, but don't attack others for their choices of vehicles. You can buy what you want to buy for personal transportation. I will do the same.

Give it a rest.

Favorite saying:
"One need never apologize for exercising the Golden Rule"

DSHornet is offline   Reply With Quote