View Single Post
Old 09-20-2008, 07:52 PM   #4
HeMi101
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to HeMi101 Send a message via MSN to HeMi101 Send a message via Yahoo to HeMi101 Send a message via Skype™ to HeMi101
Re: Yet ANOTHER "security light" thread.... except...

I thought all were the same, but by their listing 9C1's (Police Package) had different ones.

I'm pretty sure you want either "ACDELCO Part # 21812285, $131.89" or "A-1 CARDONE Part # 730320 $89.79".

Gmpartsdirect.com has them listed at $118.07 and I believe they are a dealership selling parts online, so that SHOULD be a brand new ACDLECO part at that price. http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/catalog/frameset.cfm And choose 01/Chevy(geo)/Impala and search for body control module. I tried to get a direct link but no dice.

Also Check your PMs cuz i sent you one.

And What they mean by manufactured is they made sure the boards were good, and replaced the P-ROM that contains your RPOs and Serial #, so ya its blank and ready for programming.

As far as security Relearns go, This is the one we have stickied at another Impala Website.
Quote:
Originally Posted by North American Impala Owners Association
Introduction

Here are the directions for doing a security relearn.

Procedure

Make sure you follow this procedure to completion for correct operation. The doors and trunk must remain closed for the entire procedure

Properly executed, this procedure should take approximately 35 minutes to complete.

1. Attempt to start the car by turning the key to the Start/Run Position.

2. Observe that the vehicle fails to start and that the security light is illuminated.

3. Release key to the 'ON/Accessory' Position. (DO NOT turn key to the 'off' position.)

4. Allow the vehicle to sit with the key in the 'ON/Accessory' Position for no less than 11 minutes. At the end of the 11 minutes, the security light will shut off

5. Turn key to off position and allow the vehicle to remain in the 'OFF' position for no less than 30 seconds.

6. Repeat #1 - #5 for 3 cycles. 7. On 4th attempt, car should start.

NOTE : Since this is a fairly long procedure, it's a good idea to limit all electrical sources, such as disconnecting headlights, to prevent discharge of battery.

NOTE 2 : It is OK to wait LONGER than the allotted time, but it is not safe to wait less time. I.e. 12 minutes instead of 11 minutes should be OK; however, waiting 10 minutes instead of 11 minutes will result in a failed security relearn.
HeMi101 is offline   Reply With Quote